Friday 18 July 2008

Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Act 1 Lyrics

This is because I've got OCD.

I was googling the lyrics for Dr Horrible, just cause I have to know all the words, and it took forever to find them so here they are, for those who might stumble on my blog! :)

ACT ONE

LAUNDRY DAY

DR HORRIBLE
Laundry day, see you there,
underthings, tumbling.
Wanna say, “Love your hair”.
Here I go, mumbling.

With my freeze-ray I will, stop, the world.
With my freeze-ray I will,
find the time to,
find the words to…

Tell you how, how you make,
make me feel, what's the phrase?
Like a fool, kinda sick.
Special needs. Anyways…

With my freeze-ray I will, stop, the pain.

It's not a death-ray or an ice-beam,
that's all “Johnny Snow”.
I just think you need time to know

That I'm the guy to make it real,
the feelings you don't dare to feel.
I'll bend the world to our will
And we'll make time stand still.

That's the plan, rule the world,
you and me, any day.
Love your hair…

Anyway.

With my freeze-ray I will, stop...

BAD HORSE LETTER

BAD HORSE HENCHMEN
Bad Horse, Bad Horse, Bad Horse, Bad Horse!
He rides across the nation, the Thoroughbred of Sin.
He got the application, that you just sent in.
It needs evaluation, so let the games begin.
A heinous crime, a show of force,
a murder would be nice of course.
Bad Horse, Bad Horse, Bad Horse, he's bad!
The Evil League of Evil, is watching so beware.
The grade that you receivewill be your last, we swear.
So make the Bad Horse gleeful or he'll make you his mare…
You're saddled up, there's no recourse,
it's “hi-ho Silver!”
Signed, Bad Horse.

PENNY'S SONG

PENNY
Will you lend a caring hand
to shelter those who need it?
Only have to sign your name,
don't even have to read it.
Would you help?
No? How 'bout you?

WHAT A MAN'S GOTTA DO

DR HORRIBLE
A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do.
Don't plan the plan, if you can't follow through.

All that matters, taking matters, into your own hands.
Soon I'll control everything, my wish is your command.

CAPTAIN HAMMER
Stand back everyone, nothing here to see.
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it: me!
Yes, Captain Hammer's here, hair blowing in the breeze!
The day needs my saving expertise.

A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do.
Seems destiny ends with me saving you.
The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death.

I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

PENNY
Thank you, Hammer Man,
I don't think I can
explain how important it was
that you stopped the van.
I would be splattered.
I'd be crushed into debris.
Thank you sir for saving me.

CAPTAIN HAMMER
Don't worry about it,
a man's gotta do
what a man's gotta do.

PENNY
You came from above.

DR HORRIBLE
Are you kidding?

CAPTAIN HAMMER
Seems destiny
ends with me saving you.

DR HORRIBLE
What heist were you watching?

PENNY
I wonder what you're Captain of.

DR HORRIBLE
Stop looking at her like that.

CAPTAIN HAMMER
When you're the best
you can't rest,
what's the use?

DR HORRIBLE
Did you notice that he threw you in the garbage?

PENNY
My heart is beating like a drum.

CAPTAIN HAMMER
There's ass
needs kicking,
some ticking bomb to diffuse.

DR HORRIBLE
I stopped the van.
The remote control was in my hand!

PENNY
... must be in shock.

CAPTAIN HAMMER
The only doom that's looming
is you loving me to death.

PENNY
Assuming I'm not loving you to death.

DR HORRIBLE
What-ever

CAPTAIN HAMMER and PENNY
So please give me a sec to catch my breath.

DR HORRIBLE
Balls

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I incidentally found your posts from the same Google search, so thank you very much for taking the time to post the lyrics; same goes for Act II.

Kibz

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much for sharing the lyrics! I love the songs but was having trouble deciphering some of the words, especially when all 3 are singing.

Cheryl

Jenny said...

Thanks for posting the lyrics :) They're really helpful.

Jess Thompson said...

You rock! Thanks for having them all here in one place - makes it easier to sing along lol.