Saturday 19 July 2008

Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Act 2 Lyrics

ACT TWO

ON THE RISE

DR. HORRIBLE
Any dolt with half a brain
can see that human-kind has gone insane
to the point where I don't know
if I'll upset the status quo
if I throw poison in the water main.

Listen close to everybody's heart
and hear that breaking sound.
Hopes and dreams are shattering apart
and crashing to the ground.

I cannot believe my eyes
how the world's filled with filth and lies
but it's plain to see
evil inside of me
is on the rise.

PENNY
Look around
we're living with the lost and found.
Just when you feel you've almost drowned
you find yourself on solid ground

and you believe there's good in everybody's heart.
Keep it safe and sound.
With hope you can do your part
to turn a life around.

I cannot believe my eyes
is the world finally growing wise?
Cause it seems to me
some kind of harmony is on the rise.

PENNY
make it slow
DR. HORRIBLE
anyone with half a brain

PENNY
he looks at me and seems to know
DR HORRIBLE
could spend their whole life howling in pain

PENNY
the things that I'm afraid to show
DR HORRIBLE
is the darkness everywhere
and Penny doesn't seem to care that

PENNY
and suddenly I feel this glow
DR HORRIBLE
that soon the dark in me is all that will remain

PENNY
and i believe there's good in everybody's heart
keep it safe and sound
DR HORRIBLE
listen close to everybody's heart
and hear that breaking sound

PENNY
with hope you can do your part
to turn a life around
DR HORRIBLE
hopes and dreams are shattering apart
and crashing to the ground

DR HORRIBLE and PENNY
i cannot believe my eyes

PENNY
how the world's finally growing wise
DR HORRIBLE
how the world's filled with filth and lies

DR HORRIBLE
but it's plain to see

PENNY
and it's plain to see

DR HORRIBLE
evil inside of me

PENNY
rapture inside of me

DR HORRIBLE and PENNY
is on the rise

BAD HORSE PHONECALL

BAD HORSE HENCHMEN
He saw the operation
you tried to pull today
but your humiliation
means he still votes “neigh”!
And now assassination
is just the only way.
There will be blood,
it might be yours.
So go kill someone.
Signed, Bad Horse.

EVERYTHING HAPPENS

PENNY
Here's a story of a girl
who grew up lost and lonely,
thinking love was Fairy Tale
and trouble was made only for me.

Even in the darkness
every color can be found.
And every day of rain
brings water flowing
to things growing in the ground.

Grief replaced with pity
for a city barely coping.
Dreams are easy to achieve
if hopeful's all I'm hoping to be.

Anytime you're hurt
there's one who has it worse around.
And every drop of rain
will keep you growing
seeds you're sowing in the ground.

so keep your head up Billy, buddy.

BRAND NEW DAY

DR HORRIBLE
This appeared as a moral dilemma
'cause at first it was weird
though I swore to eliminate
the worst of the plague
that devoured humanity
it's true i was vague on the “how”
so how can it be that you
have shown me the light?

It's a brand new day
and the sun is high
all the birds are singing
that you're gonna die.
How I hesitated
now I wonder why.
It's a brand new day.

All the times that you beat me unconscious,
I forgive.
All the crimes incomplete, listen,
honestly I'll live.
Mr. Cool, Mr. Right, Mr. Know-it-all
is through.
Now the future's so bright
and I owe it all to you..
who showed me the light.

It's a brand new me,
I got no remorse.
Now the water's rising
but I know the course.
I'm gonna shock the world,
gonna show Bad Horse.
It's a brand new day.

And Penny will see the evil me,
not a joke, not a dork, not a failure.
And she may cry but her tears will dry
when I hand her the keys to a shiny new Australia.

It's a brand new day,
yeah the sun is high.
All the angels sing
because you're gonna die.
Go ahead and laugh,
yeah I'm a funny guy.

Tell everyone goodbye.

It's a brand new day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have these lyrics!