Sunday 20 July 2008

Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Act 3 Lyrics

SO THEY SAY

WORKMAN
So they say Captain Hammer's become a crusader
Political. He's cleaning up the streets.

WORKMAN 2
About time!

FANGIRL 1: So they say that it's real love.
FANS: So romantic!
FANGIRL 2: He signed this.

PENNY
So they say we'll have blankets and beds.
We can open by monday, thanks to you.

CAPTAIN HAMMER
Thanks to me.

ANCHORS: It's the perfect story.
MALE ANCHOR: So they say.
FEMALE ANCHOR: A hero leading the way.
ANCHORS: Hammer's call to glory.
FEMALE ANCHOR: Let's all be our best.
MALE ANCHOR: Next up, who's gay?

FANBOY: So they say he saved her life.
FANGIRL 1: They say she works with the homeless and doesn't eat meat.
FANGIRL 1: We have a-
FANS: -problem with her.
FANGIRL 2: This is his hair.

CAPTAIN HAMMER
This is so nice.
I just might sleep with the same girl twice.
They say it's better the second time.
They say you get to do the weird stuff.

FANS: We do the weird stuff!

PENNY
This is perfect for me, so they say.
I guess he's pretty okay
After years of stormy sailing
Have I've finally found the bay.

MOIST (spoken): He's still not picking up

PENNY & DR. HORRIBLE: There's no happy ending, so they say.
DR. HORRIBLE: Not for me anyway
PENNY & DR. HORRIBLE: Should I stop pretending

DR. HORRIBLE: Take the chance to build a brand new day
PENNY: That this is a brand new day.

FANGIRL 2: This is a dry cleaning bill.
FANS: Four sweater vests!

EVERYONE'S A HERO IN THEIR OWN WAY

CAPTAIN HAMMER
It may not feel too classy
Begging just to eat,
But you know who does that? Lassie,
But she always gets a treat.

So you wonder what your part is,
'Cause you're homeless and depressed,
But home is where the heart is,
So your real home's in your chest.

Everyone's a hero in their own way.
Everyone's got villains they must face.
They're not as cool as mine,
But folks you know it's fine
To know your place.

Everyone's a hero in their own way,
In their own not-that-heroic way.

So I thank my girlfriend, Penny.
Yeah, we totally had sex.
She showed me there's so many
different muscles i can flex.

There's the deltoids of compassion.
There's the abs of being kind.
It's not enough to bash in heads,
You've got to bash in minds.

Everyone's a hero in their own way.
Everyone's got something they can do
Get up, go out, and fly,
especially that guy,
who smells like poo.

Everyone's a hero in their own way.
You and you and mostly me and you.

I'm poverty's new sheriff,
And I'm bashing in the slums
A hero doesn't care if you're
a bunch of scary alcoholic bums.

Everybody!

Everyone's a hero in their own way.
Everyone can blaze a hero's trail.
Don't worry if it's hard.
If you're not a friggin' tard
You will prevail!

Everyone's a hero in their own way.
Everyone's a hero in the-

SLIPPING

DR HORRIBLE
Look at these people.
Amazing how sheep'll
Show up for the slaughter.
No one condemning
You lined up like lemmings
You led to the water.

Why can't they see what I see
Why can't they hear the lies
Maybe the fees too pricey
For them to realize
Your disguise is slipping.
I think you're slipping.

Now that your saviour
Is still as the grave you're
Beginning to fear me
Like cavemen fear thunder
I still have to wonder
Can you really hear me?

I bring you pain
The kind you can't suffer quietly
Fire up your brain
Remind you inside your rioting society
Is slipping
Everything's slipping away

So,

Go ahead, run away!
Say it was Horrible.
Spread the word, tell a friend.
Tell them the tale.

Get a pic. Do a blog.
Heroes are over it.
Look at him. Not a word.
Hammer meet nail!

Then i win, then I get
A great thing I ever...
All the cash, all the fame
And social change.

Anarchy, that i run.
It's Dr. Horrible's turn.
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn!
Burn!
spoken) Yeah, it's two r's, H-O-R-R, yeah, right.
Burn!

No sign of Penny.
Good, I would give anything
Not to have her see.
It's gonna be bloody.
Head up, Billy-Buddy.
There's no time for mercy.

Here goes no mercy!

DR. HORRIBLE IS HERE

DR HORRIBLE
Here lies everything
The world I wanted at my feet
My victory is complete
So hail to the king
(Everything you ever)
Arise and sing

So your world's benign
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice
Now your world is mine
(Everything you ever)
And I am fine

Now the nightmare's real.
Now Dr. Horrible is here
To make you quake with fear,
To make the whole world kneel.

And i won't feel-
-a thing.

16 comments:

CrzyJen said...

I think the word here is:

So your world's BENIGN
So you think justice has a voice...

Thanks for posting! :)

lihoong said...

Duly noted. Thanks!

Foxface said...

I didn't catch what Penny says before she dies, besides 'that's okay'. Help me out, anyone?

Rich said...

"Billy, is that you?"
"Are... Are you alright"
"That's ok, it's ok. Captain Hammer will save us"

Shruti said...

Hi, I don't know you, but thanks for posting all these lyrics!

Unknown said...

What is it Hammer screams as he's flipping off Horrible? It sounds like "WWWWHHYYYYYYYY?!", but there's like, extra syllables burried in there.

Kyle said...

I believe the correct lyric for Penny in "So They Say" is:

"After years of stormy sailing
Have I finally found the BAY."

filgate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
filgate said...

I think Captain Hammer is finishing his lyric from when he was frozen. He sings "Everyone's a hero in the-" and then is frozen. So, when he is unfrozen, he sings "WAAAAAAYY" to finish off his song in DRH's face.

Forts said...

I'm pretty sure in "Slipping" the line is "Amazing how sheeple
Show up for the slaughter." not "sheep'll"
Sheeple is a slang term for mindless conformists. sheep + people

Obviously Sheep'll is... sheep will. XD anyways I think He's referring to the slang term.

Forts said...

And in "Dr. Horrible is Here" there's one more "(everything you ever)" right inbetween
"To make the whole world kneel."
&
"And i won't feel-
-a thing."

not that it matters that much... just a background line...

Michael Hartl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Along with the other nitty corrections, I think the line "Anarchy, then i run." is actually "Anarchy that I run."

Thanks so much for doing this!

Michael Hartl said...

I'd like to second @kyle's observation about changing "way" to "bay". (I left a similar (now deleted) comment before seeing @kyle had already noted the change.)

Thanks for posting these!

1810bean said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

The line you render as "heroes are over it" sounds to me more like "heroes are over with."