Saturday 12 July 2008

Is there really such a thing as karma?

I'm a believer in
"if you do crappy things, crappy things happen to you."

It seems to me however, that I'm a much stronger believer in
"if you do crappy things, crappy things ought to happen to you."

It'd be much more realistic to believe in
"crappy people will do crappy things to you, and crappy things won't necessarily happen to them."

Some recommend believing that
"when crappy people do crappy things to you, do crappy things to them in return."

Tempting. But...

I just don't think I can do it, I'd very likely end up just like those crappy people.

Gotta borrow part of a line from Ms Austen, cause I'm pretty sure that
"It's a universal truth that many crappy people do crappy things to those they think did crappy things to them (when they didn't at all)."

0 comments: